To request a quote for commissioned artwork, please provide the following details: subject, preferred medium, approximate size and deadline (if applicable). A price will be determined based on this criteria.
For portrait commissions, the client will be asked to provide a photograph of the subject, which will form the basis of the finished artwork. If available, additional photographs should be provided in order to give a more "rounded" view of the subject. All photography will be returned to the client no later than the commission delivery date.
Charcoal/pastel/conte on paper, from $1,500; Watercolor on paper, from $1,500; Acryllic on board or canvas, from $1,500; Oil on Canvas, from $2,500; Mixed Media, price upon request. Please note: Pricing is determined by size and complexity of commissioned artwork, and deadline requested.
The artist does not provide framing services for commissioned artwork. Recommended Chicago area framers include Four Sided (www.foursided.com) and Artist's Frame Service (www.artistsframeservice.com).
A non-refundable deposit equal to 25 percent of the quoted price will be due upon commission. The remaining 75 percent of the quoted price is due upon completion of the artwork and prior to collection, delivery or shipping.
Payment must be provided in the form of cash or a check or money order made payable to Roland Oria. In the case of checks, please allow 10 days for funds to clear before commission start and/or delivery.
Shipping & Delivery
Approximate shipping quotes can be provided for commissions outside the Chicago area. Shipping costs, insurance and arrangements, however, are the responsibility of the client.
If crating is required for shipping purposes, a crating surcharge of $65 will apply.
Delivery within the Chicago area can be arranged at a charge of $100-150, depending on the size/weight of the commissioned work, and the distance of travel.
If for any reason the finished artwork does not meet with the client's expectations, and agreement for modification of the artwork cannot be reached, the artist agrees to refund 75 percent of the total quoted commission price only upon return of the artwork to the artist. If the client changes his or her mind concerning the commission at any time during the artwork's production, the artist will cease work immediately and retain the 25-percent non-refundable deposit.
copyright: Roland Oria 2010